This Cookies ‘n Cream Poke Cake is the perfect combination of two classic flavors in one delicious cake! A rich chocolate cake covered in a cookies ‘n cream pudding mixture while still warm then layered with a quick chocolate ganache, whipped topping and crushed sandwich cookies.
Keep in touch! Subscribe to receive Melanie Makes recipes direct to your inbox.
Let me first start out by saying I’m typically not a cake type of person. My birthday a few weeks ago? I had a pie. A cake has to be pretty darn spectacular to catch my attention. Something like this Cookies ‘n Cream Poke Cake. Layer upon layer – five to be exact! – of chocolate and vanilla create a rich and tempting dessert that definitely caught my eye.
Poke cake, you ask? True to it’s name, a poke cake is a cake that you poke holes in after it comes out of the oven. The holes in this Cookie’s ‘n Cream Poke Cake are then filled with a cookies ‘n cream pudding mixture. It’s then layered with a quick chocolate ganache, whipped topping and crushed sandwich cookies. I mean really, where has this cake been all my life? Do your self a favor and use the cookie sandwiches that are double stuffed as they have twice the amount of filling. That means twice the amount of deliciousness!
Poke cakes have become so popular as of late because they’re just so easy to create! My Peanut Butter Mocha Poke Cake combines so many of my favorite flavors and my decadent Death by Chocolate Poke Cake is always a crowd favorite. And then I have a friend’s Banana Toffee Poke Cake recipe posted as well. So much amazing cake, so little time!
My friends have also shared some pretty original poke cake recipes as well. I love how this Apple Pie Poke Cake is a dessert mashup of two favorite sweets. For warm weather months, look no further for fresh and bright flavors than this Lemon Strawberry Poke Cake. And caffeine fiends will definitely make a beeline for this Cherry Vanilla Coke Poke Cake.
This Cookies ‘n Cream Poke Cake has it all. A delicious cake that can serve a crowd and yet, couldn’t be easier to put together. What more could you ask for? Well, except for just a few more cookies on top? I think we can all agree to that!
Cookies 'n Cream Poke Cake
- 15.25 ounce boxed chocolate cake mix
- 4.2 ounce box cookies 'n creme instant pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 14 ounces chocolate frosting
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 15 chocolate and vanilla sandwich cookies crushed
- In a 9x13 pan, bake cake according to box directions.
- Remove cake from oven and set aside. Immediately whisk together pudding and creamer.
- Poke holes all over top of cake with the end of a wooden spoon. Pour pudding mixture over cake and refrigerate for four hours.
- In a microwave safe dish, microwave frosting for one minute. Pour over cake and refrigerate until set.
- Spread whipped topping over cake and top with crushed sandwich cookies.