This Creamy Baked Double Cheese and Spinach Dip is the perfect make ahead appetizer. Cream cheese, yogurt, cheddar cheese, spinach and ranch seasoning are baked to cheesy perfection. Additional cheddar cheese and sliced green onions top this divine dairy dip.
At school drop off yesterday, a teacher and another mom and I were all in disbelief that Thanksgiving was just three weeks away. So much to do, so little time! Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. In fact, I have a binder dedicated to past menus and what we’ve eaten each year that we’ve hosted dinner. The whole day revolves around our evening meal. We tend to just snack between breakfast and dinner that evening, which means that I also like to have appetizers on hand to keep everyone happy.
This Creamy Baked Double Cheese and Spinach Dip is the perfect appetizer for so many reasons. Minimal prep work creates maximum taste. How often can you say that? Cream cheese, yogurt, cheddar cheese, spinach and ranch seasoning take a spin in the bowl of an electric mixer before being poured into a baking dish and then are baked to warm through. Additional cheddar cheese and sliced green onions top this divine dairy dip.
Visiting someone for Turkey Day? Volunteer to bring an appetizer! You can easily prepare this dish at home and then simply bake off when you arrive at your dinner destination. Even better? The size of this amazing app means you can forget using the oven and taking up valuable space and instead bake in a toaster oven. Look at you being a considerate guest!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup plain, non-fat yogurt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 ounce ranch dressing mix
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup green onions, thinly sliced
- tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, add all ingredients and mix until combined.
- Spoon into shallow baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Top with additional ½ cup of cheddar cheese and return to oven until melted.
- Garnish with green onions and serve with tortilla chips.
I was planning on serving this dip with various vegetable crudite, but just couldn’t bring myself to do it. The lure of salty tortilla chips definitely won the perfect dip accompaniment contest hands down. Feel free to try both but I assure you that the chips will win at your Thanksgiving as well!
I partnered with Food.com to obtain the original recipe, but received no compensation for this post. All thoughts and opinions, as always, are my own.