Sharp cheddar cheese and sliced green onion are gathered in the center of a dill dusted flaky pastry bundle. These Mini Cheese and Onion Pastries take only four ingredients and 15 minutes to prepare, a definite no-fuss appetizer or snack.
Besides being with family and friends, one of my favorite parts of the holidays is without a doubt the food. Especially appetizers and snacks. Give me a meal of appetizers instead of a sit down dinner any day! At Christmas, we nibble on snacks and appetizers all day before sitting down to a dinner of spaghetti and meatballs. Our big holiday meal is regulated to Thanksgiving so that at Christmas, we can enjoy the day with each other instead of spending all day in the kitchen. Did I mention we stay in pajamas and comfy clothes all day as well? Love it!
One of my absolute favorite appetizers from my childhood are these Mini Cheese and Onion Pastries. Using the word pastries in a recipe title makes it sound a lot more sophisticated, don’t you think? We’ll keep it a secret between you and me that these bite sized morsels take only four ingredients and 15 minutes to prepare. Sharp cheddar cheese and sliced green onion is gathered in the center of a dill dusted flaky pastry bundle.
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 8 ounce cans crescent rolls
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, stir together cheese and onions.
- Separate crescent roll dough into 16 triangles and cut each triangle in half again diagonally.
- Place rounded teaspoonful of cheese and onion mixture into center of each triangle and bring corners of dough to center over filling, overlapping ends.
- Place pastries on silicone mat or parchment lined baking sheet and spray or brush each pasty lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle dill over the top of each pastry.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
If you’re able to only eat one or two, you definitely have stronger will power than I do! Start a new tradition in your home by adding these Mini Cheese and Onion Pastries to your holiday table.
Looking for more great appetizer recipes?
More great appetizer recipes from fellow food bloggers:
This recipe first appeared as a contributor post for My Organizing Junkie, here.