You’ll love my shortcut to these speedy six ingredient Cherry Almond Oatmeal Muffins. In just ten minutes, they’re ready for a trip to the oven and emerge studded with almonds and cherries. A perfect companion to your favorite morning beverage.
All hail the muffin! Individually portioned breakfasts prepare on the quick? I’m so in! Especially when they’re dotted with in-season cherries like these Cherry Almond Oatmeal Muffins. I wasn’t joking about that on the quick part either, thanks to my secret muffin shortcut.
My Homemade Oatmeal Muffin Mix is the key to these speedy six ingredient muffins. In just ten minutes, they’re ready for a trip to the oven and emerge studded with almonds and cherries and are ready to pair with a cup of your favorite morning beverage. Couldn’t be easier! And might I add when you’ve just moved across the country with four small children and you’re in the middle of unpacking but everyone still needs breakfast, easy is indeed the key!
- 3 cups Homemade Oatmeal Muffin Mix
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup halved and pitted cherries
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup additional sliced almonds to garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add muffin mix.
- Stir in milk, egg, and almond extract until just combined. Fold in cherries and almonds.
- Line muffin tin with paper liners.
- Using a large cookie scoop, add one scoop of batter to each muffin well.
- Sprinkle the tops of batter with additional sliced almonds, if desired.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle removes cleanly.
- Allow to cool in muffin tin 2-3 minutes before removing to cooling rack to cool completely.
These Cherry Almond Oatmeal Muffins have skyrocketed to the top of my favorite breakfast items list. Perfect for a morning, afternoon or evening of unpacking boxes. Believe me, I’ve tested them at all times of day!
Looking for more great recipes using my Homemade Oatmeal Muffin Mix?
More great muffin recipes from fellow food bloggers: