Grab a bowl and a spoon, that’s all you need to mix up these Pear Macadamia Oatmeal Muffins. Just ten minutes of prep – the majority is peeling and dicing a pear! – and seven ingredients later and you’ll find yourself sliding a muffin tin full of batter into the oven.
Keep in touch! Subscribe to receive Melanie Makes recipes direct to your inbox.
The idea for these muffins started back at the beginning of December. December. You know, like almost three months ago? I had every intention of testing this Pear Macadamia Oatmeal Muffins long before now, but then life got in the way as it tends to do. For some reason, a trip to Colorado to look for a house and three weeks of intense work getting our house in tip top shape to sell took precedence over muffin making. Go figure.
But now that we’ve bought one house and sold another, it’s all about the muffins! These muffins are the mashup of my Homemade Oatmeal Muffin Mix (which technically is my mother-in-law’s recipe) and a ginger pear macadamia muesli that I tried while on a trip to Minnesota. This is the same muffin mix that’s also the star of my Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins and Cherry Almond Oatmeal Muffins.
Grab a bowl and a spoon, that’s all you need to mix up these Pear Macadamia Oatmeal Muffins. Just ten minutes of prep – the majority is peeling and dicing a pear! – and you’ll be sliding a muffin tin full of batter into the oven. Then you’ll find yourself eagerly watching the timer count down the minutes until you can enjoy breakfast. I’m kicking myself for not thinking of this pear, macadamia, oatmeal combination before!
Pear Macadamia Oatmeal Muffins
- 3 cups Homemade Oatmeal Muffin Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts chopped
- 1 cup peeled and diced pear approximately 1 pear
- 1/2 cup muesli optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add muffin mix.
- Stir in cinnamon, milk, egg, nuts and pear until just combined.
- Line muffin tin with paper liners.
- Using a large cookie scoop, add one scoop of batter to each muffin well.
- Sprinkle the tops of batter with muesli, if desired.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle removes cleanly.
- Allow to cool in muffin tin 2-3 minutes before removing to cooling rack to cool completely.
Looking for more ways to include oatmeal in your breakfast? This Blueberry Baked Oatmeal, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Energy Bites and DIY Freezer Oatmeal Cups will have you getting out of bed and to the table quickly!