There’s no campfire needed for these Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed S’mores Brownies! A graham cracker crust base is topped with a rich brownie batter, peanut butter cups, candy bar and large jet-puffed marshmallows. Decadent and delicious!
Keep in touch! Subscribe to receive Melanie Makes recipes direct to your inbox.
Original content posted March 2015. Updated January 2019.
I’ll be honest, my husband’s work schedule is no fun at all. Many times we’re cancelling or rescheduling activities or trying to schedule activities around his call schedule. As we got married the first week of med school, it’s something that I’ve become used to, but it’s still not any fun to deal with.
These Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed S’mores Brownies are hands down the best – and sweetest! – thing to have ever come from cancelling plans.
Late last fall, we had made plans to have a s’mores party with our friends that live down the street. I had purchased all the ingredients – including peanut butter cups and both milk and dark chocolate – so that each person could make their own unique dessert concoction.
Then I got the dreaded text from my husband saying that he was going to be late. So our party plans were scrapped for another day. Unfortunately, the weather turned colder and we never got around to having our party.
A few months later, I found the bag of s’mores ingredients in the pantry and was trying to figure out how I could use them. My mind immediately went to brownies.
I absolutely adore homemade brownies and my One Bowl Chocolate Fudge Brownies recipes was the jumping off point for these Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed S’mores Brownies that are is absolutely out of this world!
A thick graham cracker crust acts as a base for these decadently delicious brownies that are then topped with a rich, chocolate brownie batter. Peanut butter cups and pieces of a dark chocolate candy bar are then pressed into the brownie batter before being baked.
And of course, you can’t have smore’s anything without marshmallows! Large jet-puffed marshmallows are then dotted over the top of the brownies and broiled to toasty perfection.
Fellow s’mores lovers will also no doubt love my super chocolatey S’mores Stuffed Chocolate Krispie Treats, incredibly easy Double Chocolate No Bake S’mores Pie and Angel Food Cake S’mores Skewers – perfect for a night around the fire pit!
How to Make Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed S’mores Brownies
 In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Remove from heat.
 Add graham cracker crumbs, sugar and salt to saucepan.
 Stir together until combined.
 Pour mixture into prepared pan.
 Press graham cracker crumb mixture into an even layer.
TIP: To insure that the crumb mixture is in an even layer, I like to use the bottom of a glass to gently press the mixture into the pan.
 In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add cocoa and coffee to melted butter.
 Stir together to combine.
 Add sugar, eggs and vanilla to saucepan.
 Stir together until well combined.
 Add flour, baking powder and salt.
 Stir together until just combined
 Top graham cracker crust with brownie mixture, spreading in an even layer.
 Press peanut butter cups into brownie batter in three rows of four.
TIP: To avoid having the s’mores brownies being overly sweet, I love to use dark chocolate peanut butter cups from Justin’s or Chocolove.
 Break the candy bar into individual pieces and place in horizontal and vertical rows between peanut butter cups.
 Bake for 18-20 minutes or until just set. Add marshmallows to top of brownies pressing lightly to adhere them to the warm brownies.
 Broil for 2-3 minutes or until they reach desired char level.
TIP: Keep your eyes glued to your brownies! Once they start to brown they’ll go from lightly tanned to charred in just seconds.
TIP: If you want to be fancy or simply want more control over the marshmallow toasting experience, you can also used a handheld kitchen torch.
If you’ve tried these Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed S’mores Brownies or any other recipe on Melanie Makes, please let me know your thoughts in the comments below. I love hearing from you and respond to each and every comment!
Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed S'mores Brownies
Graham Cracker Crust
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 2 tablespoons prepared coffee
- 1-2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1-1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 peanut butter cups
- 2 dark chocolate candy bars
- 24 ounces large jet-puffed marshmallows
Graham Cracker Crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Remove from heat.
- Add graham cracker crumbs, sugar and salt to saucepan.
- Stir together until combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and press into an even layer.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until set and beginning to brown.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter.
- Add cocoa and coffee to butter and stir to combine.
- Add sugar, eggs and vanilla and stir until well combined.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt until just combined.
- Top graham cracker crust with brownie mixture, spreading in an even layer.
- Press peanut butter cups into brownie batter in three rows of four.
- Break the candy bar into individual pieces and place in horizontal and vertical rows between peanut butter cups.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until just set.
- Remove brownies from oven and turn oven to broil setting.
- Add marshmallows to top of brownies pressing lightly to adhere them to the warm brownies.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes or until they reach desired char level.
- Let brownies cool completely before attempting to cut and serve.
Since I’ve declared myself a founding member of S’mores Anonymous, I’m looking to try these decadent S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups, these salty sweet Pretzel S’mores and these simply adorable Owl S’mores next.