Grab a bowl and a wooden spoon, that’s all you need to mix up these Pear Macadamia Oatmeal Muffins. Just ten minutes of prep – the majority is peeling and dicing a pear! – and seven ingredients later and you’ll find yourself sliding a muffin tin full of batter into the oven.
The idea for these muffins started back at the beginning of December. December. You know, like almost three months ago? I had every intention of testing this Pear Macadamia Oatmeal Muffins long before now, but then life got in the way as it tends to do. For some reason, a trip to Colorado to look for a house and three weeks of intense work getting our house in tip top shape to sell took precedence over muffin making. Go figure.
But now that we’ve bought one house and sold another, it’s all about the muffins! These muffins are the mashup of my Homemade Oatmeal Muffin Mix (which technically is my mother-in-law’s recipe) and my new favorite muesli. While in Minnesota at a workshop in December, I was introduced to Seven Sundays Muesli and I was immediately smitten. Their Ginger Pear Macadamia muesli is absolutely out of this world. So much so that I ordered six bags from their site and had it shipped to me in Ohio. When it arrived and they had included a hand-written thank you note for my order? I was a goner. Such a great touch. (And for the record, they don’t know me whatsoever, I just love their product.)
Grab a bowl and a wooden spoon, that’s all you need to mix up these Pear Macadamia Oatmeal Muffins. Just ten minutes of prep – the majority is peeling and dicing a pear! – and you’ll be sliding a muffin tin full of batter into the oven. Then you’ll find yourself eagerly watching the timer count down the minutes until you can enjoy breakfast. I’m kicking myself for not thinking of this pear, macadamia, oatmeal combination before!
- 3 cups Homemade Oatmeal Muffin Mix
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 cup peeled and diced pear (approximately 1 pear)
- ½ cup muesli (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add muffin mix.
- Stir in cinnamon, milk, egg, nuts and pear until just combined.
- Line muffin tin with paper liners.
- Using a large cookie scoop, add one scoop of batter to each muffin well.
- Sprinkle the tops of batter with muesli, if desired.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle removes cleanly.
- Allow to cool in muffin tin 2-3 minutes before removing to cooling rack to cool completely.
Do yourself a favor. Mix up a batch of Homemade Muffin Mix this weekend so that you can have these Pear Macadamia Oatmeal Muffins for a quick and easy breakfast or brunch any day of the week.
Looking for more recipes using my Homemade Muffin Mix?