This Chicken Bacon Swiss Spaghetti Pizza is perfect for a night in or a night with friends. A pasta crust spiked with Swiss cheese is the base of this masterpiece. Topped with bacon, chicken, mushrooms and onions which have all been cooked in rendered bacon fat, the entire pie is sprinkled with a generous amount of even more Swiss cheese.
I received product and a credit from Door to Door Organics in exchange for creating this #myfarmtotable recipe. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting this sponsor that allows me the opportunity to create content, such as this, for Melanie Makes.
Keep in touch! Subscribe to receive Melanie Makes recipes direct to your inbox.
I seem to be in a pasta mood as of late. Earlier this week I shared my Chicken Parmesan Spaghetti Pie and when I received a package of locally made tofu pasta – yes, it’s a thing! – I began to daydream of what else I might be able to create. Friends, this Chicken Bacon Swiss Spaghetti Pizza is absolutely dreamy. Rich, delicious and a combination of two of our family’s favorite foods. Sure to impress no matter what your age!
When my friends at Door to Door Organics asked if I’d be interested in developing a Farm to Table recipe for them, I immediately responded yes. Seriously, this service has changed our lives. The menagerie actually heads to the fridge produce drawers first for snacks and they feel quite empowered when I “let them” wash their own fruit. I love not dragging everyone to the store and instead my fruits, veggies and other selected items magically arrive at my door every Tuesday. It’s made eating a huge salad for lunch everyday my new thing.
Back to that tofu pasta… So inside the box they delivered, I chose these four local products to use in a recipe. Love that all of these products are created just miles from my home. A pasta sauce that takes on a bit of a sausage taste because of the fennel, the pasta, chicken and a hunk of baby Swiss cheese. I’ll be honest. I’m not much of a Swiss cheese fan. It’s never my go to and I hardly ever purchase it. But this Swiss? It’s so creamy and melty and absolutely divine! I’ll definitely be including it in a future order!
And for those of that you that are curious, the taste of the tofu pasta wasn’t all that different from a typical wheat pasta that I would normally purchase. The only real difference was the manner in which it was cooked – bringing to a boil, adding pasta and then removing from heat and allowing it to stand covered until cooked through.
A pasta crust spiked with Swiss cheese is the base of this masterpiece. Topped with bacon, chicken, mushrooms and onions which have all been cooked in rendered bacon fat, the entire pie is sprinkled with a generous amount of even more Swiss cheese, this Chicken Bacon Swiss Spaghetti Pie is perfect for a night in or a night with friends. I guarantee it will go fast so I highly recommend making two! If you’re lucky enough to have any leftovers, it reheats beautifully when covered with foil and warmed through in the oven.
Chicken Bacon Swiss Spaghetti Pizza
- 8 ounces pasta
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound bacon diced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 8 ounces baby portabello mushrooms sliced
- 16 ounces marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta to al dente according to package directions. Drain and return to warm pot.
- Stir in eggs, cheese and butter until combined.
- Press mixture into greased pizza pan to form an even layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon pieces and cook until crispy. Use a slotted spoon to remove the bacon pieces from the pan and set aside.
- Keeping the bacon fat in the pan, add chicken and cook until browned on both sides. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add onion to pan and cook until translucent. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add mushrooms in a single layer to pan and cook until browned on both sides. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Spoon marinara sauce into middle of crust and spread into an even layer leaving a 1" border along the outside edge.
- Arrange chicken into a single layer on marinara sauce, followed by the onion, mushrooms and bacon.
- Sprinkle cheese over pizza.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Slice into wedges and serve.