This Peanut Butter Double Chocolate Delight is a new spin on a family favorite that will have you coming back for seconds. A three-in-one dessert. Part peanut butter chocolate chip cookie, part cheesecake, part chocolate pie.
Over the top? Me? Never! Well, okay, just this once. This dessert has become my new favorite recipe that I’ve created. Layer after layer of intense flavor. There’s a reason why it’s called Peanut Butter Double Chocolate Delight. Although delight might be a bit of an understatement!
When I was young, Chocolate Delight was a dessert I remember mom making to take to holiday gatherings at my grandmother’s house. I loved it because it had chocolate pudding and Cool Whip. As a kid, you really can’t top those two ingredients. At that age, they could be considered food groups. The base layer of this dessert was a flour and butter mixture. Nothing remarkable, it was simply the base that held all the delectable ingredients on top.
In my book, there is one flavor combination that reigns supreme – peanut butter and chocolate. Everything pales in comparison. So when I was randomly thinking of my mom’s Chocolate Delight recipe last week, I began wondering how I could kick it up a notch by somehow adding peanut butter to the ingredient list. The end result is one I’m super proud of. I don’t pat myself on the back often, but this dessert definitely has me giving myself kudos.
This Peanut Butter Double Chocolate Delight is a new spin on a family favorite that will have you coming back for seconds. A three-in-one dessert. Part peanut butter chocolate chip cookie, part cheesecake, part chocolate pie. How can you go wrong?
I said sayonara to the flour and butter base layer of my mom’s recipe and swapped it out for a layer of peanut butter chocolate chip cookie! This base is thick enough to stand up to the other three layers that are added to it and packs an incredible peanut butter punch.
Peanut butter lovers, you’ll also want to try my addicting White Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn, decadent Peanut Butter Mocha Poke Cake and crowd favorite Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed S’mores Brownies. Long live peanut butter!
Peanut Butter Double Chocolate Delight
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 2 3.4 ounce boxes instant chocolate fudge pudding
- 3 cups milk
- dark chocolate bar for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together brown sugar, peanut butter, butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt to bowl and mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Press dough into an even layer in greased 9x13 pan. Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned and center is cooked through. Cool completely.
- In bowl of an electric mixer, mix together cream cheese, half of whipped topping and powdered sugar. Spread on top of cooled cookie crust.
- In another bowl, whisk pudding and milk together and spread on top of cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate until set.
- Carefully spread remaining whipped topping over pudding and chill until ready to serve. If desired, garnish with grated chocolate before serving.
Peanut butter lovers, I’ve got you covered with even more delicious dessert recipes! You won’t want to miss this easy and delicious Reese’s Peanut Butter Fluff dip, this chewy Caramel Peanut Butter Pretzel Fudge and these rich Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting.
This recipe first appeared in my monthly contributor post at My Organizing Junkie, here.