What makes my Taco Bubble Pizza a dinner favorite? Topped with all the usual taco suspects – ground beef, taco sauce, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, green onions – there’s also two toppings which make my Taco Bubble Pizza stand out from the crowd. You’ll no doubt love the crunch of corn chips and homemade chipotle yogurt sauce on this mashup recipe.
Keep in touch! Subscribe to receive Melanie Makes recipes direct to your inbox.
When one of my pickiest eaters requests a recipe repeatedly, you know it’s an absolute winner! I’m only sorry that it’s taken me so long to photograph this Taco Bubble Pizza so that I could share it with you. It’s the perfect mashup of Taco Tuesday and Pizza Friday in our house and is always guaranteed to please all six mouths around our dining room table.
This Taco Bubble Pizza is a Mexican spin on my Deep Dish Bubble Pizza that I’ve enjoyed since childhood. I was never a fan of taco pizzas until I tried a version while we were living in Cleveland that truly stole my heart. If you follow me on Instagram and followed along with our trip back to the CLE in May, you noticed that eating this pizza was at the top of my to-do list! That pizza inspired two of my favorite ingredients on this family favorite main dish.
But what exactly is a Mexican Bubble Pizza, you ask? In short, it means no yeast or rolling of dough required. The no-fuss base of this bubble pizza comes from refrigerated biscuits! They’re simply torn into quarters and tossed into a greased casserole dish where they bubble up form a deep dish style crust and the perfect base for so many toppings.
Topped with all the usual taco suspects – ground beef, taco sauce, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, green onions – there’s also two toppings which make my Taco Bubble Pizza stand out from the crowd. First up? Corn chips! They give such an amazing, contrasting crunch to each bite when compared to the soft and chewy crust.
But that’s not all! Drizzled over the top is my homemade chipotle yogurt sauce which brings a bit of heat into a cooling sauce. Who says you can’t have it all?
Can’t get enough pizza in your life? SAME! You’ll also want to add my super fun Chili Cheese Dog Pizza, childhood favorite Upside Down Pizza Casserole and Pepperoni Pizza Pancakes to your next menu plan.
Taco Bubble Pizza
Chipotle Yogurt Sauce
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 16 ounces taco sauce
- 2 16.3 ounce tubes of large refrigerated biscuits
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- 8 ounces shredded lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1-1/2 cups corn chips
Chipotle Yogurt Sauce
- In a blender, add all ingredients and blend until fully combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef and drain, if necessary. Remove from heat and stir in taco sauce.
- In a greased 9x13 pan, tear biscuits into quarters and place in a single layer. and bake for 5 minutes
- Remove biscuits from oven and top evenly with beef mixture. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted
- Top pizza with lettuce, tomatoes, green onions and corn chips in even layers.
- Drizzle Chipotle Yogurt Sauce over pizza prior to serving.